We have very significant ambitions to profoundly change and improve the installation of energy efficient measures in the UK. We are looking for individuals to join us who are hard-working, ambitious and are passionate and enthusiastic about joining a high growth, start-up business.
At GDFC we truly believe that all great products are driven by sound user-centric design, thus we are hunting for a truly creative UX / UI designer, one who lives and breathes UX married to creative, story-driven design.
Your background will be in one of UX / UI design and preferably with fine arts or digital design. You are fluent in Photoshop, love Sketch and use tools like InVision, Marvel and Flinto every day to create exceptional designs. You might have played with Quartz Composer and perhaps tinker with 3d animation and compositing.
Not only do you think deeply about user interface interaction and information design, but you create smart experiences that excite users to engage with your designs. You have solid commercial experience in an agency or, preferably, a software startup.
You will have sound experience in producing designs for development teams who take these and create commercial applications. You are very familiar with Agile processes, preferably Scrum.
You have designed for web and mobile, and your passion is working designing interfaces that solve complex workflows and problems for users in a clean, magical way. You screenshot apps and UI’s regularly on your phone when you see something inspiring.
You are on Dribbble or Behance either posting or consuming, and you love to learn. You are ready to defend your ideas, but also have the experience to know that the best results are delivered through constructive discussion and iterations.
- Deciphering product requirements into beautiful interfaces. For an array of user types and journeys.
- User Experience Design. You will be working directly on the user experience of several GDFC products, both on web and mobile.
- User Interface Design. You will directly design and work on the user interface design of our web and mobile apps. We are seeking a talented designer.
- Engage with Product Managers & developers. You are to be a key member of the product design and development team.
- Develop a design language GDFC products. It is expected that you will create and evolve the design and brand language for GDFC, in line with the brand style guides that have already been created. GDFC has undertaken a rebranding exercise and will move away from the current name and design style.
- Manage new designers. We expect to hire new UX and UI people in the future to form a part of your design team.
Specific skills required
- Sketch, Adobe Experience Design
- Photoshop & Illustrator
- Various other design and UX tools
- Working with in an Agile software development team
- 5-8 years of UX/UI design. You need to have done both or be an amazing UI designer who is seeking to better their UX skills
- An awesome portfolio that will wow our pants off.
- Attractive remuneration package on offer, including equity potential
- Pension and healthcare benefits
- Central London
You’ll be part of the core team in a crucial role that sits between the product owners, the development team and the end users.
If this is you, we want to hear from you ASAP. Expect us to ask for your folio and, as this is a senior role, please only those who really have experience and the skills to deliver exciting, engaging, commercially astute mobile and web applications need to apply.
Please drop us a note with your CV if you want to apply for a role. [email protected]